Thursday, July 26, 2012

Portrait Transformation

Pictures of me from beginning to end.


Western Terminus, Extremely Excited, Out of Shape, and Hairy


Goodbye World, Still Day 1


Day 5, the day after I got washed out. Notice the brand new tent.

New boots too, still in great spirits.


The day after the ultimate low point of my journey when a food place I planned to eat at was closed only the day I arrived. It seems simple but this absolutely crushed my spirits. You can notice the weight loss already.


Mile 420. After resting my swollen ankle for some days I ditch my hiking stick for trekking poles.


In Manitowoc, WI. 5 Days left. It's easy to see the transformation of my body here. My mind accepts the constant disrepair of my muscles and feet. I'd go as far to say it's enjoyable.


Moments after finishing, being interviewed by the ranger.

The finish line.

Can't believe I made it to this rock. Reflecting.

Happy.


If you compare this to the first picture you can distinctly see a difference in how my pants fit me. I lost over 25 lbs at one point. I started at 195lbs and weighed in at 172lbs when I finished. My waste actually became too small for my pack as I had trouble getting the hip belt tight enough. You can see in the picture how there is no strap left to tighten.


Me with my support crew. Thank you mom and dad.

1 comment:

  1. Paul - Thanks for letting us take the easy route on this journey, following you by finger taps rather than foot steps or miles driven. Congratulations on such an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete